Saturday 9 February 2019

Evening Skincare Favourites

Over Christmas I received some new skincare which I have been trialling and testing out and thought I'd share the routine and products that are working for me currently (not all of these were gifts for Christmas this year, only a couple!) I tend to use these mostly in the evening and am super lazy in the mornings and just use a standard face wash and moisturiser as I'm nearly always running late! 

 

Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush 
This brush honestly works miracles I LOVE it. I was fairly sceptical when I first had it but it's really gentle but works to exfoliate at the same time, I do it for 2 minutes 2-3 times a week just to exfoliate my skin and give it a bit of a refresh and honestly my skin feels so soft and smooth after using it. I especially find that my nose gets quite rough and gross but this has honestly made all that go away. It is quite pricey but as a gift for Christmas it is a really nice idea :)

RRP: £85.00 

Clinique Liquid Facial Soap 
I find this face wash perfect for sensitive skin and can be used just every day as a mild face wash or along with the Cleansing Brush. I do love it and have repurchased this multiple times as I find a lot of face washes irritate my skin or really dry it out, however I don't whether if you have not-sensitive skin then it would be worth the money - I know I should be selling it here but I'm just being super honest haha. It works really well alongside the Clinique Clarifying Lotion as there is no exfoliating aspect to this face wash. 

RRP: £17.50

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish 
This gem is an absolute classic and everyone raves about it and upon receiving it I fully understood why. I use it when I am at my parents house to remove my makeup and it just removes everything - even the hard to budge mascara and also leaves your skin so exfoliated and feeling really 'clean'. I found the smell quite surprising at first, its a very plant based smell (I think) but that almost makes it feel more natural. But I honestly don't have a bad word to say about Cleanse and Polish it's one of my favourites and has been for a very long time. Not going to lie it's also super fun to run around scaring your siblings when looking like a panda. 

RRP: £15.00

No7 Facial Oil 
I actually received this for Christmas in a gift set and it has been an absolute god send during the freezing weather where my skin feels drier than the Sahara desert. I wasn't sure what point in the skincare routine to apply it because I've seen people say not to do it before moisturiser but then others say not to do it after moisturiser so WHO KNOWS. I just tend to put it all over my face and then add a moisturiser once it feels like it has sunk in, or sometimes miss moisturiser all together - don't hate me. 
I really like it as a product but it is quite messy, but thats just probably the combination of me and oil aha, it makes everything so so slimy. 

RRP: £23.00 

L'Oreal Pure Clay Blemish Mask 
I have an entire post dedicated to this mask (here) because I love it so much but its basically super quick and easy to apply, smells amazing and makes your skin feel so cleansed once you've finished. Considering it is bright blue, it is actually so easy to remove with just one wipe of the flannel - I was afraid that I'd resemble an avatar on first use but its all good aha! 

RRP: £7.99 

It does look as though I use a lot more high end products on my skin and I do tend to invest more in skincare than makeup now that I am old. I just find that I react to certain products and these products I know work well and don't react with my skin so I tend to play safe and stay with them. This combination of products and introducing the use of a face mask 2-3 times a week as massively cleaned up my skin. However, I won't give all the credit to chemicals, drinking 2 litres of water a day has massively improved how dry my skin is noticeably and I am just lucky with my genetics :) Also, with regards to micellar water and makeup removal, I just tend to use any micellar water to remove my face, currently its No7 or Nivea but I also love the Garnier ones, I don't really notice a massive variation between brands to be honest. 

Shop the Post: 

No comments:

Post a Comment