Saturday 23 February 2019

Eyeshadow Primer Comparison

As you probably know by now, UD Primer Potion is my holy grail product when it comes to eyeshadow priming, I've honestly never found anything comparable. So I'm trying the Too Faced Shadow Insurance to see how it compares...

Consistency: 
Both are a paste consistency which is translucent on the eyelid, I usually apply a thin layer of translucent powder over the top just to make the eyeshadow easier to blend as both are quite 'tacky' on the eyelid. Now I don't know whether I just got a bad batch but when I tried to use the Too Faced one, sooo much liquid came out and no product so I'm not entirely sure why that happened so I have to say I still prefer UD Primer Potion with regards to this. 

Price

Both these products are priced at around the £17 mark for basically the same amount of product, for high end products I'd say that's pretty good and from various repurchases I can say the UD primer potion lasts for so so long, that £17 is so worth it. I can't say the same for Too Faced Shadow Insurance simply because I do not know!

Packaging
Packaging wise both are so cute in their own way, I find Too Faced packaging quite similar to Benefit in that sort of quirky, vintage look, which I LOVE. They both have a nozzle which makes applying a very small amount so much easier (although I think UD have changed theirs to a doefoot applicator now?)

Performance
Urban Decay certainly came up with a winning formula with this product, honestly I say it all the time but I have honestly witnessed 24 hour creaseless eyeshadow thanks to Urban Decay (don't ask how I've tested that!- just know it lasts). Shadow Insurance does seem to be good at preventing creasing and prolonging the eyeshadow wear also, but it just isn't as good as Primer Potion. 

Claims
Too Faced claim that Shadow Insurance is a  'waterproofing, colours intensifying, crease-proof, fade-proof product' which I do have one question for, why does it need to be waterproof? (correct me if I'm being really thick here). Urban Decay claim Primer Potion can give you 'indestructible, all-day eyeshadow' and honestly they're not lying, and maybe even being modest with their claims! 
I have to say, in this case Urban Decay wins hands down, I don't know whether I'm just so in love that I can't see any other potentials but honestly Primer Potion will be repurchased again and again, I cannot fault it.

Any other eyeshadow primers or face primers that you recommend?

Shop the Post
Urban Decay: Primer Potion
Too Faced: Shadow Insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment