Wednesday 27 February 2019

Naked Heat Palette

Is this not the most gorgeous palette you have ever seen?! Naked Heat by Urban Decay is rapidly became my favourite palette I've owned and so I thought I'd share it with you incase you're needing makeup recommendations :) 
(I am fully aware that we are now on Naked Cherry but I just love this palette so so much) 
(Before I start this review I just want to apologise for my attempt at swatching - it's super hard to photograph such a long arm!) 

Consistency 
So first off, as you can see from the swatch photo (again, sorry I tried), these eyeshadows are SO pigmented. These swatches required minimal eyeshadow and the colour pay off is amazing, the eyeshadows are really really soft and velvety and blend so well. I always tap off my brush after putting into one of the shades because otherwise my eyelids are just red haha. Even the glittery shades are really soft, which did surprise me as I found Naked 3 to be quite 'scratchy' in the glittery shades- but these are just perfect. 

I use the Zoeva 227 Luxe Soft Definer brush and the Zoeva 231 Luxe Petit Crease Brush on my eyes 

Colour Range 
The colours are very warm brown tones ranging to more red shades, at first I thought they would be too bold for me but actually I use this palette every single makeup day now just because you can create such subtle looks with the lighter shades such as Chaser and Sauced. Ounce is this gorgeous shimmery white/champagne kind of colour which did not show up well on my arm because I am so pale ahha. 
But honestly, do not be put off by thinking its very 'red' and 'bold' like I did because when using it, it is actually very easy to use and create looks. That's another thing I love about the Urban Decay palettes is the colour range means you can so easily take a look from night to day even using some of the darker shades with an angled brush to act as 'eyeliner'. 

Price 
Price wise I know people always seem to see these palettes as expensive and on first glance yes, £42.00 is expensive (trust me I am a student I am very aware), BUT that is actually only £3.50 per eyeshadow and considering my palettes are all still going strong many years later, I'd say it actually is an investment. Maybe that is just me trying to justify it in my head but I really don't think it is that bad. 
Also - I am not sure if it is bad to admit I have had my original Naked palette for many many years but I feel like eyeshadow is fine to keep for ages right?! (thoughts anyone haha!

The other week I created a 'going out' look with this palette (for me it was quite bold, but maybe not for everyone) and you can find that here and I've also published my current every day makeup (find that here) if you're looking for eyeshadow inspo using Naked Heat :)

The big question is, do I need Naked Cherry??? 

Shop the Post 

No comments:

Post a Comment