Wednesday 13 February 2019

High End: Starting Out

Today's post is a little different, but I thought I would suggest a couple of products which would be great if you're wanting to start out with high end makeup! These were the first few bits that I started buying :) 


Urban Decay Naked Palettes
If you have been following my insta @ellacatherine95 (shameless plug loooool) then you will know that I am absolutely obsessed with the UD Naked palette range, every single time there is a new release I swear I do not need it and then within three months it just seems to end up in my makeup collection - so mysterious. My bank account cries every time Urban Decay announce a palette launch.  

No but seriously, I think these palettes are a super good investment, they honestly last forever. I bought my Naked 2 palette in 2014 and it is still very much going strong 5 years later (I know I shouldn't keep makeup that long but I feel like powders are different and it hasn't killed me yet soooo its fine). BUT the point is, they're super long lasting and although they retail for £38-42 you do get 12 eyeshadows which equates to about £3.25 an eyeshadow. The colour range is so so good also meaning this palette can take you from a subtle day look to a dramatic evening look in just a few shades. 

Naked original is a good all round palette, this is the one photographed, and the one I bought my 14 year old sister for Christmas as her first proper palette :). They have announced they're discontinuing it (URBAN DECAY WHY WHY WHY) but it's fine, there are still a couple of places you can pick it up and they're releasing a new version soon. 
Naked 2 is a cooler toned palette but again very versatile with a range of colours, it also contains a matte black which is absolutely fab for transforming looks to a more evening style. Naked 3 is very dusty pinks and brows and Naked Heat is more red brown shades. Personally my absolute favourites are Naked Heat or the Original palette. 

There's also always good offers on the Naked palettes especially on sites such as Fabled and Feel Unique, there always seems to be 15% off codes floating around which make these palettes even more affordable :) 

Zoeva Rose Gold Brush Sets 
I don't know if Zoeva is 'high end' as such but it isn't sold on the high-street/drugstore shops so I'm going to go ahead and class it as that. Having a luxury brush set can feel so much fun and really up your makeup game, I have to say I have never got on with MAC makeup brushes (sorry to disappoint). However, the Zoeva brushes are incredible and a fraction of the price - mine have lasted for years and especially the eye brushes, I will reach for these without fail over any other brushes I own. They are very soft and blend eyeshadows in beautifully, so easy to clean and always return to their original white appearance and are so much cheaper. Per brush it equates to around £8 and you can buy them separately but I got the Rose Gold Luxury Brush Set which is £65 but it contains 8 brushes which look cute AF. 
When I bought these you had to ship them from Germany through their website but now they're stocked in Cult Beauty, Beauty Bay and Feel Unique so they have become so much more accessible and their delivery is so much faster. So if you order them now, they may arrive by tomorrow... 

NARS Blusher 
To be quite honest I just loved how cute this blush looked and I do reach for it every day, its really the only blusher I own to be quite honest, but its a super cute colour and NARS does really sleek packaging. The only thing I would say is how awkward it is to ask for these blushers as a gift... asking your grandma for 'orgasm' or 'deep throat' blush seems a bit weird but each to their own ahha.  Maybe buy these yourself rather than request it for your birthday unless you want some fun family chats, asking for the 'better than sex' mascara was mortifying enough for me this year! But yeah, I think NARS is quite a good starting point for high end, their Laguna bronzer looks so dreamy also. 

Benefit Hoola Bronzer 
I swear by this bronzer, even though I am super pale it adds a super gorgeous glow to any look but can also be used for contour as well :) Benefit is a really cute brand to start out with, their packaging is really nice and they have been launching some really game changing products recently. 

I think overall if you're wanting to get one or two of your first 'high-end' products I'd start with powder based products like eyeshadows, bronzers and blushers or brush sets. I just feel like these last that bit longer than liquid products- but thats just me. Really good websites to buy things from are Fabled and Feel Unique as they always have really good discounts and sales and perhaps check out The Cosmetic Company which is a shop selling Estee Lauder owned brands such as Smashbox, MAC, Estee Lauder, Clinique and many other brands which sell products without the VAT I believe :) 

If I've forgotten anything, feel free to leave points in the comments section :) 

Shop the Post 

No comments:

Post a Comment