Wednesday 17 April 2019

Liquid Lipstick Collection

I'm like a magnet when it comes to pretty coloured liquid lipsticks and NYX and Revlon seem to have a really good selection of liquid lipsticks, so I thought I'd share my thoughts on my (very small) collection 


 Revlon Ultra HD Matte Liquid Lipsticks
I've mentioned these soooo many times before, but honestly these are gorgeous! Revlon bought out another couple of shades into their collection which I 'need' to get my hands on! I own four of the shades so far and I have to say the nude (Seduction) and the red (Love) are my 'go-tos'. I have found that the peach shade is harder to apply and doesn't look as good but maybe it's just because I don't have a good lipliner yet! They're quick drying and ridiculously pigmented (as you can see!) I have also found that they smell quite sweet too which is an added bonus (it's not over powering my any means so don't worry about that). 
I have found these liquid lipsticks to be pretty long lasting, you can certainly have a drink or a few and they seem to last pretty well which makes them good for nights out (a definite must as a student!)
I have fallen back in love with them since owning lip liners to use with them simply because it does make them slightly easier to apply and work with, which moves us on to the NYX Lip Liners.

RRP: £8.99

NYX Lip Liners: 
The NYX counter opened up in Boots in Notts a while back and I honestly went crazy! I've been wanting to try NYX for so long now and it didn't disappoint! They had such a huge range of lipliner shades which makes it great to mix and match with other brands and different lipsticks, I pair them with my Revlon Ultra HD Matte Liquid Lipsticks as the colours seem really compatible. From the swatches above you can see that Nude Suede Shoes is a really good match to Revlon Seduction so these two I pair all the time. Equally Summer Tease pairs really well with Revlon Love, they're such perfect matches. 
These lip liners are quite velvety and easily to apply, they just glide on the lips, and it sounds really stupid but they aren't really sharp! You know how some really cheap lip liners can be so scratchy but these aren't like that at all, honestly really worth the price! They also last a really long time, I've had mine for a year or so and they're still going strong :)

RRP: £6.00

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams: 
I don't feel like I can give a full review of these just because I only own a really really dark purple shade and I have found that it is really quite patchy to be honest. I have tried it with a lip liner and I have just found it really hard to apply maybe because it's so dark and I'm so pale. I think I need to try a more neutral shade to really give a full review of these, but the consistency of them feels really nice, I just need to try some different shades. I reckon lighter shades would be less patchy.

RRP: £6.00

NYX Liquid Suede Liquid Lipsticks: 
I LOVE this product. Again, I only own one shade which is Sandstorm, it's a matte brown shade which actually looks so cool! It reminds me of a shade from the Kylie Lip Kits and it's quite different from something I'd normally choose! It's so easy to apply, dries really nicely, not patchy at all and is very long lasting. I eat and drink in this lipstick and it is still looking good by the end of the day. Will definitely be looking at picking up some more shades in this range.

RRP: £7.00

Any shade recommendations?

Shop the Post: 
Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipsticks: 
NYX Lipliners: 
NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams: Transylvania
NYX Liquid Suede Liquid Lipsticks: Sandstorm

No comments:

Post a Comment