Wednesday 3 April 2019

Eyebrow Products I Love

"Eyebrows are sisters not twins"... mine are more like long lost cousins but I try aha, these are some of the products I have been using on my brows recently...


Eyebrows to me are quite an important part of my makeup, if I'm finally sat on the tram on the way out and realise I've forgotten my brows but have a full face of makeup I suddenly feel so unfinished. I'm now laughing alone in my room while I type this, imagining me literally forgetting my eyebrows like their my keys or phone ahahah! The product I reach for while doing my makeup always depends on the look I am going for. 

Benefit Gimme Brow
If I am just doing very minimal makeup but fancy some definition to my brows I tend to go for Benefit Gimme Brow. Don't get me wrong this product isn't barely there, it just gives your brows some colour and fills in the sparse areas without being too harsh. It is super quick and doesn't require a lot of skill or accuracy to apply, so it is absolutely perfect if you are in a rush and just need to touch up your brows. Equally its perfect for travel as it doesn't involve a pot and a spooley and a brush, just simply a tiny tube and you're ready to go. I love how tiny the applicator is, which you can see in the last photo - it makes application so easy without half of your forehead also being dyed brown (trust me I have had bizarre eyebrow applicators before) 

It retails for £21.50 which is quite expensive for a tiny eyebrow product, however I am yet to find a dupe that doesn't make your eyebrows feel crispy because this is what I have noticed in a lot of other similar products that I have tried and I really really really hate crispy brows (with a passion). 

RRP: £21.50

NYX Brow Gel
To be quite honest, when I first bought this it was on a bit of a whim and I just needed a brow product asap, I had used the NYX brow pomade and really liked it, however it dried out so fast. This little gem removes this issue due to the tube which is perfect! 
A little goes a long way, as I learnt the hard way but this also means that it lasts for so so long because it doesn't dry out and you barely need anything to do your brows. I apply it with a very thin angled brush and to get the best results its best for this brush to be clean and fresh which it doesn't last very long as using this product. I am fully aware that for most people this probably isn't an issue as they're sensible and wash their brushes - however I am crap at remembering to do this, until I get clumpy brows and realise. 
Application wise, I think its fairly easy as you have complete control over the product and it is very long lasting throughout the day, I really cannot fault it and especially for £6.50 a tube it is an absolute steal. 

RRP: £6.50

Benefit 24 Hour Brow Setter 
I don't use this product every single day, more for nights out or long days over the top of the NYX Brow Gel or the Too Faced Bulletproof Brow Pomade to keep my hairs in place. I don't know whether you'd use this alone, I suppose you could if you had super dark brows anyways and didn't need to fill any in but personally I used it alongside a brow gel or pomade, just to keep those pesky hairs in place. 
The brush is just like a plastic applicator with tiny spikes to comb the hairs into place - there isn't a lot to say about it really! Again, it doesn't make you brows feel crispy which is amazing and just keeps them set in place all day. 

RRP: £21.50 

Too Faced Bulletproof Brows
Obviously I cannot sit here and tell you that my brows are bulletproof but what I will say is my makeup has now been on for 12 hours and my brows are still going strong. Obviously not the exact same as 12 hours ago but pretty much the same, it is also completely smudge proof (I just checked with my finger and nothing NOTHING came off). 
I really am not exaggerating when I say I LOVE this product, it was a gift for Christmas from my cousins and I literally let out a little scream the first time I tried it and texted them immediately to tell them how insane my brows looked on first use. It comes with an amazing little brush which works so well with the product and also some instructions which actually taught me I have been doing my brows wrong this entire time.
The actual product is really velvety and soft, and glides onto the brows so effortlessly making it so easy and actually quick to apply, as the photos show to the pot contains an extra lid for the pomade part which I assume is to prevent it from drying out and to protect the mirror? Feel free to correct me if I am having a ditsy moment aha. 
But overall, I have literally recommended this to anyone who will listen, it is SO good and you really need to get your hands on it asap. 

RRP: £27.00 

Shop the Post 

No comments:

Post a Comment