Saturday 23 March 2019

High End Vs Drugstore (Urban Decay Naked 2)


A dupe post for you guys today... Is the W7 'Colour me Buff' palette the ultimate Urban Decay Naked 2 dupe? 

Price: 
I mean... if we're going by price alone obviously the W7 Colour Me Buff palette would win simply because its a third of the price of Naked 2. However, whether this is me justifying it to myself or not, I always say that actually UD eyeshadows aren't actually that expensive considering it works out to be £3.25 an eyeshadow! However, if you're looking for similar shades but not the large price tag then this W7 palette is a great dupe! 

Texture/Feel: 
I would say in this category you notice the difference in quality. UD Naked 2 is in a whole other league when it comes to texture/feel and colour pay off. The glittery shades feel a lot more velvety and fine powders where as the W7 palette contains more 'scratchy glitters'. The payoff is great for both, but honestly it is better with the UD shadows, which is kind of what you'd expect to be honest. Saying that though, I still use my W7 palettes just the same as they are really good, just not quite UD good. 

Likeness: 
This palette is honestly one of the best dupes I've come across when it comes to high end and drugstore products. W7 seem to have the shade likeness pretty much spot on to be honest and I'm super impressed. The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that W7 didn't name any of their shades and I love products which have named shades. It's sooo much easier to tell someone the name of a shade than trying to describe that 'warm, glittery, not too dark brown shade that's in your crease' you know?!

Packaging: 
Packaging wise I have to say that we have a clear winner. Quite rightly the UD packaging simply feels more expensive, even though both are in a tin the quality of Naked 2 just seems to be that bit better. I feel like it's more sturdy and doesn't feel like it's about to break any second. It also contains a fairly good sized mirror which is really useful if you're on the go or travelling. Finally, I do have to say that the UD is slightly more compact, you can see just from the photographs that the space is just used a lot more efficiently by UD meaning the palette is a lot more slimline and easy to take out and about (that's me being quite picky but this is a thorough review)

I  do think that W7 make pretty good dupes for the Naked palettes, certainly if you aren't wanting to spend £40 on a palette then Colour Me Buff is an absolute bargain at £9.95 for the same colours and a similar pigmentation.  Then again I really do think that with UD the price really reflects the quality of the product, both the texture of the eyeshadows and the colour pay off. Perhaps I'm just so biased as I love Urban Decay but I just think you really pay for what you get! 

Shop the Post: 
Urban Decay: Naked 2
Saving: £29.55

1 comment:

  1. A full recuperation takes significantly more than detoxification. Detoxification controls the body's frequently excruciating response to medication and liquor withdrawal, yet it doesn't eradicate the enthusiastic requirement for the substances. A medication rehab program that supports the entire patient is Cognitive Behavioral and Relapse Prevention. In this restraint program, people figure out how to revise their own life stories. They are shown more advantageous approaches to act and to think so they won't be enticed to drink as well as use drugs. Evasion is one of the techniques that is used in Relapse Prevention treatment at most liquor tranquilize rehab facilities.
    inspirational quotes for addiction
    inspirational quotes for addicts
    beating addiction quotes
    motivational recovery quotes

    ReplyDelete