Wednesday 27 March 2019

Clinique Moisture Surge Range

Caring for you skin is so important and although I have been very lucky with my genetics regarding my skin (thanks mum and dad - guess I'll forgive you for giving me a big nose), I do also try my best to look after it the best I can through various lotions and potions and Clinique products appear to play a massive role in my skincare routine.
As part of my Christmas present I received the Moisture Surge gift set which included the 72 hour moisturiser, moisturising spray, the overnight mask and a nude chubby stick. 

Moisture Surge 72 hour auto-replenishing Hydrator 
This little gem seems to have been raved about for years, the consistency is more like a gel than the typical formula you'd imagine if someone said 'moisturiser' and it is said to give an instant moisture boost - which is perfect in this freezing weather! 
It isn't oil based which I find quite nice and it sinks in very quickly into the skin, leaving the skin feeling super dewy and refreshed. I tend to reach for this a couple of times a week as I like to just use my standard moisturiser most days, and if my skin is super dry I will apply this slightly thicker before bed and use it almost like a face mask. Because of they speed and way it sinks into the skin I find I don't really need to wear a primer anymore if I'm using this in the morning before my makeup. 
It is a fairly pricey product but I would say that Clinique is a fairly 'high-end' brand and so this price is kind of expected. I don't use it every day because on a student budget I absolutely cannot keep buying it so usually ask for it for my Christmas and Birthday! 

RRP: £36.00

Moisture Surge Face Spray 
The moisturising spray is an interesting one, it is basically a spray which you can apply over or under makeup whenever your skin is feeling the need for an instant moisture boost. It certainly feels really refreshing to spray and doesn't ruin any makeup which is a bonus. I saw some reviews suggesting using it almost like a setting spray which is quite a nice idea, and I do love just being able to give myself a bit of a spritz refresh throughout the day, especially while it's so cold out. I cannot say that it has changed my life and I am not sure I'd be in a rush to repurchase it when it runs out but I do really like it - maybe when I'm done being a student haha! 
It's very long lasting as well because its such a fine mist, so I got this for Christmas and have only just finished it (end of march) and have honestly used it every day just as a pick me up to test it out. I might look into it in the summer because I reckon it could be so refreshing when its super warm. 

RRP: £23.00/125ml 

Moisture Surge Overnight Mask 
This mask was honestly a complete saviour to my skin while I was so ill over January. I never realised they did a Moisture Surge Overnight Mask and it's so nice. The fragrance isn't too strong which is really great for sensitive skin - especially after having really chapped skin from a cold (anyone else get that because it is driving me insane). Unlike the moisture gel, this mask is an oil based emulsion and I love using it 2-3 times a week depending on how dry my skin is feeling that day - so recently its been a lot!
I think I probably will be repurchasing this as I have basically used it all already :( It just makes my skin feel so refreshed and quenched when I wake up the next day without feeling super oily and gross. 

RRP: £31.00

Anyone else tried any skincare products that I need (definitely do not need) to buy?? 

Shop this post 

1 comment: