Saturday 2 March 2019

High End vs Drugstore (UD Afterglow Palette)

Interested in getting basically the same palette for about £20 less?! If that's a yes then keep reading... 


I always find it so fab finding dupes for high end products just because if you can save yourself the odd £20 here and there it all adds up! It's also great if you're on a budget and wanting to try out some makeup without paying the big money for it. In this post I present to you a pretty fab dupe for the Urban Decay After Glow palette.... *drum roll*.... The Lottie London Shimmer Squad! 

Shades:
As you can see from the photos, both palettes have very similar shades. I'd say the only difference is that the Lottie London Shimmer Squad has a white shade and the Urban Decay palette has a more pink shade. Other than that, I would have said colour wise alone these are virtually identical. The shades in the UD Afterglow palette have slightly more orange undertones but this isn't really too noticeable on the skin. 

Feel/Texture:
Honestly, both of these palettes feel so velvety, and have a really nice texture, they're really easy to apply to the skin and both have a really good colour pay- off. I hate those highlights that feel really scratchy and glittery, whereas both of these palettes feel very soft and blend so well with little to no fall out. I nearly screamed when I applied both haha!  

Pigmentation: 
I honestly cannot say that there is a clear winner when it comes to pigmentation, both of these palettes have a fab colour pay off, and I was so shocked when I first used the Lottie London Shimmer Squad as to how amazing the highlight looked! The other great thing with highlight is that you can build up the look you want depending on how much you apply. I will say that neither of these highlights look as they do in the pan, the pink colour in the UD palette is actually gorgeous and certainly does not come out as pink as it looks in the box, which I don't think is a bad thing at all! 

Price: 
The Urban Decay palette is over double the price to the Lottie London palette at around £27 but in comparison to UD itself that's pretty good! To buy the highlights individually (obviously slightly bigger) but they cost £21 each so £27 is an absolute steal! The Lottie London comes in at around £9.99 which is an absolute bargain for the quality! I really did not expect the quality for the price but was definitely shocked! 

Packaging:
Both of these palettes are in a sort of cardboard based packet if that makes sense? Both magnetic, and both with a mirror. I honestly love the design of both so I couldn't pick a clear winner really as they're not trying to copy each other at all with the design which is actually quite refreshing.

Favourite Shade: 
My favourite shade from the Lottie London Shimmer Squad has to be The Good Girl which is the really gorgeous champagne colour, I feel as though this shade really suits my skin tone a lot! With regards to UD, my favourite shade has to be Bliss or Peroxide.

Overall, I honestly have to say that the Lottie London Shimmer Squad is a fab dupe, I'd even go as far as saying that you don't need to pay the money for the UD one, which, coming from a complete Urban Decay junkie is crazy! Honestly I love both palettes and I'm so glad I own both as they both have slightly different shades/undertones (god I sound like a full highlight addict) but honestly if you're wanting to expand your collection without draining your bank account then 100% get the LL palette, I honestly cannot fault it!

Shop the Post: 
Lottie London: Shimmer Squad
Urban Decay: Afterglow
Saving: £17.05

No comments:

Post a Comment