Wednesday 4 February 2015

Updated Skin Care Regime



I'm pretty sure years ago I wrote a post on the products I use on my skin; and to be really honest, I doubt my routine has changed a lot more from there, BUT; if you're new to my blog... then this may be of interest! 
I'm not at the stage where I can afford to splash out on super expensive skin care products *cries*,  so I tend to source all the products from drugstores. I would love to expand my skin care routine as I know how important it is to look after your skin, and sometimes I am so bad that my routine will just involve removing my makeup- bad I know *smacks hand*. 
With this post, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the above products and how I include them in my routine.

Garnier Micellar Water: The first thing about this product is... how the heck do you say 'micellar'... I know its a bizarre question, which probably has such an obvious answer, but everyone seems to sort of avoid saying it! More importantly though; I swear by this stuff, I have literally repurchased this a good 7 or 8 times now- it's really nice on the skin and doesn't leave a 'sticky' residue that a lot of makeup removers leave. It's also a dream on sensitive skin as it doesn't require a lot of scrubbing to remove stubborn eye makeup, such as the Benefit They're Real collection (yes it actually removes that!) and it's not very scented either, therefore it has never irritated the skin around my eyes (which is rare for me). The other perk of this product; is that it isn't too pricey and is under £5 so a fantastic dupe for the Bioderma Micellar water and very easy to get hold of. As I've sort of already explained; I use this primarily to remove my makeup and sometimes just to refresh my skin on a super lazy day.

Good Things Face Wash: I then tend to use this face wash...to wash my face (not sure what else I can say there!) It has tiny beads in it which exfoliate the face and are perfect for removing old/dead skin and really making your face feel super soft and clean. I use this on a daily basis because it's not too harsh on the skin and would say it's a very good dupe for the Balance Me face wash. It retails for under £5 so is perfect if you're on a budget or have quite young skin. I've had this in a couple of different scents but have loved them all just as much so far!

Good Things Moisturiser: If you hadn't already noticed; I LOVE the Good Things range. It's really affordable and great as a beginners skin care range, primarily because of the price but also because it's so good on sensitive skin. This moisturiser isn't the one for super dry skin but if you have combination to oily skin it's a really nice product which leaves your skin refreshed and super hydrated. It seems to last forever as well, I've had this bottle for a good few months and have used it regularly... so a massive thumbs up from me. On good days, I use this twice a day- evening and morning just to keep my skin from drying out (to be honest, I'm not sure what else I'd use a moisturiser for!)

Dirty Works Eye Cream: This eye cream was actually a little jokey present my mum bought me over christmas because I'm always complaining about eye bags and blueness, but it has wormed its way into my skin care regime as I feel as though it leaves my eye area feeling quite nice. It isn't a ground-breaking product and I wouldn't swear by it, but all the same it's a really nice eye cream which makes me feel more awake and ready to get on with the day. 

So; that is my updated skin care regime, not that interesting and probably something that would make beauty fanatics scream in horror at how little I use but for now, it is my small but ever growing collection! 

No comments:

Post a Comment