Tuesday 11 October 2016

Get Those Eyebrows on Fleek This Autumn



Everyone has them, some people are lucky enough to have naturally amazing eyebrows, some of us need a little extra help! Read on to see the brow products I interchange between on a daily basis! 


NYX Brow Pomade: Holy crap guys, this stuff is amazing! I picked up the NYX brow pomade a while back as I've always wanted to try a proper pomade and it has quickly wormed its way into my every day staples, it is such a lovely consistency and really glides onto your eyebrows. I was a little apprehensive considering the price as it retails for around £5 but honestly it lasts all day which I have never found with a brow wax before, and I also love the way it makes my brows look! The other pro with this is that it doesn't have an orange undertone which I have found a number of brow waxes do have, so my brows no longer look ginger. I can't compare it to any other pomades as I've never tried them but I honestly love this stuff, and if you're looking for a new, super easy, effortless brow product get this! It doesn't come with a brush or anything so I use my Zoeva winged eyeliner brush and the combination is a treat! I have found that you literally need the tiniest amount and very very light brush strokes for the most natural look! 

Benefit Gimme Brow: As you probably all saw, Benefit revamped their brow collection and so many magazines were giving away samples, so I obviously picked up a sample of the Gimme Brow as my friends have raved about it before! I mean first up, look how bad ass that packaging is, I want the whole collection- Benefit definitely did good! This is a great product for lazy days as its so effortless and you literally comb a little mascara wand through your brows to add some colour and make them look less sparce. I think the main thing I love about this is that it isn't crispy at all and does have good staying power. The only thing is, it's just very difficult to get a super defined brow which is why I prefer this just for a day at work when I can't really be bothered with my makeup and don't want super defined brows! 

Benefit Brow Mascara: This is great for finishing off a look using a pomade or a shadow to fill in your brows, it's simply a clear gel used to keep your brows staying in place all day, I did't even know this was a necessity until I tried it! And again it was free in a magazine which was super cool, so it's great for finishing off your brows but I don't think I'd wear it alone as my brows just aren't thick enough! Also can we just take a moment to appreciate the size of that sample! It's basically full size! 

Maybelline Brow Drama: This was my stable every day brow product before I found Gimme Brow, it's a really good dupe for the Benefit versions if you are on a budget, but the only thing I would say is that it definitely does make your brows feel a little crispy. But to be fair, I don't spend the day touching my brows so I don't think this is a really bad thing. It's really good value and a great every day staple to chuck in your makeup bag. It seems that a lot of Maybelline products are great dupes for Benefit as Roller Lash and Lash Sensational are very similar too! I reckon Maybelline are one to watch! 

Benefit Brow Zings: Benefit Brow Zings was my first proper brow product I think, as you can see I've had it for a while and have hit pan. I definitely go through phases of loving and hating this product, I think the wax element is really good but the actual powder does have a bit of an orange undertone which does make your brows look a little orange rather than brown- which not going to lie; isn't my favourite look! But perhaps I just have the wrong shade and need a darker tone. Other than that it is quite a nice product but now a days I'm just more into the phase of using a pomade. 

Rimmel 'Brow This Way': First up, I love Rimmel's names for their products, but essentially this is a great little product. It's very similar to the Benefit Brow Zings one, as you can see they both contain a wax and a powder and both come with little brushes for application too. In fact the colours look almost identical, and I generally haven't noticed any major differences in lasting power or anything, so again if you're looking for a cheap but trusty brow product then this is perfect to add to your collection! 


As you can see, I love my brow products and have finally accepted the notion that 'brows are sisters, not twins' so if they do look slightly different then it isn't the end of the world! I just wish the same principle applied to winged liner! I love how there are so many dupes out there of higher end products and some of them honestly are comparable! 
Hope you're having a lovely evening and send me any recommendations you may have as I'm always one to try new products! Catch me on both insta and twitter @ellacatherine95

E x 

No comments:

Post a Comment