Wednesday, 10 May 2017

Health & Fitness

Never in a million years did I think I'd reach a point in my life where I would be in a gym 3-4 times a week and actually having fun... but I have finally reached that point and thought I would chat to you about it (and yes I am fully aware that is a photograph of pancakes, bare with!)

This year I have really been experimenting with health and fitness, trying out different gym routines and having a far healthier diet. My diet was never bad as such but there were many things that I didn't realise weren't so great for your body. I have significantly cut down the amount of sugar and salt in my diet, I much prefer to know exactly what I am putting in my body, but then again I am not going to say no to the odd take away or treat. It actually isn't that expensive to eat healthily, I think that's a myth that needs to be proved otherwise, if anything I'm finding it cheaper! 

It was Em Sheldon who really inspired me to get off my arse and do something about my body and the idea of 80/20 where you eat really healthy 80% of the time and then it doesn't matter if you have the odd take away or treat. But what I am finding is I'm not actually craving food like that anymore which is great, but if I were to try and cut it out then I would just crave it even more. 
It's basically BALANCE. By eating healthily 80% of the time and exercising almost everyday the odd day off doesn't matter and I have actually reached a point where I am really enjoying going to the gym and actually miss it if I don't go. 

Someone once made the point that if you go to the gym one day you're not going to suddenly be made of muscle, just as if you miss one gym day or have one cheat day it isn't going to do anything significant to your body - so it really is all about balance and eventually will become part of your lifestyle.

My personal trainer put a lot of weights and ab work into my plan which has made it far more fun than simply cardio which I do find quite uninspiring, and also I get to use all the cool equipment in the gym which makes the gym far more interesting and fun at the same time. 
So far, I have noticed my mood is so much better, I am so much more positive about everything and I don't feel so sluggish and tired after meals anymore, where I can I have replaced white carbs with whole wheat. Which brings me on to these pancakes, these are an Em Sheldon special and are the best pancakes ever, like seriously. They're simply 1 egg, a cup of oats (blended if you wish) and a mashed banana, perfect after an early morning gym session. 


 Here I ate them with some yoghurt, grapes and a seed mix but you can literally put anything on top. They keep you feeling a good full for ages and are so much better for you than standard pancakes, plus they just taste amazing (hence the empty plate!)
I hope you enjoyed this more lifestyle post, I would really like to post more fitness/health posts as it's something that I am really interested in, so look out for more posts and let me know if there's any meals you recommend or any tips you have! 

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment