Tuesday, 6 January 2015

My Favourite Highlighter?


Aaah just look how dreamy this highlighter is... yes I finally got my hands on a MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Highlighter and am in love. 


Ever since I read Corrie's blogpost on her two favourite highlighters I have had my eye on the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Powders, the finish of them just looked absolutely gorgeous. I did originally have my eye on 'Soft and Gentle' as it seemed like quite a peachy subtle highlighter but I have had little luck in finding that, but during the search for my perfect highlighter I did fall in love with 'Global Glow', plus it was actually in stock (which is always useful!) 

I would say this shade has more of an orange undertone to it, which at first worried me a little but do not fret- it doesn't make you look completely tangoed if applied with a fluffy brush (I find the Real Techniques Duo Fibre Brushes really helpful). It actually gives off the illusion that you may have been jetted off to some far away tropical island for a week (AKA a natural summer glow.) 


The fact that MAC sell these as powder highlighters is a huge bonus for me, simply because I find powders a lot easier to work with than creme highlighters, and they seem to last longer (is that just me?!).  I also just think it looks simply gorgeous in the packet, sort of like lava or something fiery, especially having the gold shimmer swirled through it.

Price wise, I was quite happy to hand over the money, for a price of £23 it is 100% worth the money, especially with the sturdy packaging and amount of product you actually get per gram (is that a bit too far?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment