Friday, 30 January 2015

January Favourites!



It's February soon, which means one thing... January Favourites!!! 
I literally cannot believe we are approaching February, Christmas Day literally feels like yesterday but hey ho, let's see what February brings us! There's been quite a few makeup products which I've really been enjoying this month and throughout part of Decemeber too, so I thought I would share them with you.

Stila Lip Crayons: I actually own three of these crayons and am planning on reviewing them at some point, but I thought I'd give you a quick rundown as to why they've made it to my January Favourites! They're so easy to apply, I don't even use a lip liner and they seem to last for a good amount of time without bleeding, they are also really non-drying which is something I find so annoying in most lipsticks, so that is definitely a bonus. My favourite shade has to be Tangerine Dream as it's a gorgeous coral colour, which is perfect if you want an alternative to red. So well done Stila, thumbs up from me! 

L'Oreal Lumi Magique Primer: This is my trusty little primer which I use on almost a daily basis, I have used it in a number of tutorials and it usually features in my FOTD posts. I feel like it gives a really nice glow to your skin, especially if you mix it into the foundation prior to application. It has a good staying power which is perfect for a night out or a long day at work. The formula is quite liquidy and is sort of a pearl/shimmery colour but it doesn't come out on the skin too shimmery. Don't worry you won't look like you're starring in Twilight!

Soap And Glory Thick & Fast HD Mascara: I picked up this mascara on a whim when I saw an offer on the Archery Pen and have loved it ever since. It gives the lashes a lot of volume and doesn't clump the lashes too much. I'd say it's my go-to mascara at the moment, especially if I'm wearing minimal makeup.

MAC Zoom Lash Mascara: The uni girls very kindly gifted me this for my birthday which was super exciting as I've always wanted to give MAC mascaras a go. I feel like they're so underrated because compared to Benefit they're super good value for what they do but don't seem to get a lot of publicity. It adds a lot of length to my lashes and I have been enjoying wearing this with the Soap and Glory Mascara as together they make my lashes look really voluminous and long! I do feel that it doesn't last as long as some mascaras as it does flake off throughout the day, but that's probably not helped by the fact that I pick off mascara (I know so bad!)

Malin & Goetz Lip Moisturiser: I shared this product on the #bbloggers chat about winter skin care because this lip balm is AMAZING for dry lips. My pet peeve is getting dry lips as I try everything and it just doesn't help, but this little gem was free in a magazine and has been my saviour this winter! Rather than being in a 'balm' form, its almost like a lipgloss except it sinks into the lips very quickly without being very sticky. Being at the end of the tube *cries* I really want to pick up the full size bottle, but it is quite a costly lip balm, at £10 for 7g from Space NK, but that's the only downside of this lipbalm. Overall I'd give this a solid 8/10 as it's great for the winter months and definitely a handbag essential!

Tanya Burr Individual Lashes: I was given these for my birthday and was so excited to try them out! I have always struggled with a whole row of lashes (is that what they're called?!), the glue just goes everywhere, the lashes end up stuck to my forehead or my hands... basically anywhere but my lash line, and I just end up in a massive pickle. SO when I tried these out, I wondered why I've never bought them before, they're amazing and so easy to apply! The fact that you get short, medium and long length lashes is great as you can choose whether to add length or volume to your lashes depending on the occasion. I am in absolute love with these, and you can see from the packet that I really need to get some more!

Estee Lauder Blush Palette: I don't know how helpful it will be having this in my favourites as I don't think it's available to buy anymore. Yes it is that old *slaps hand* but I'm so bad at throwing away makeup if I still like using it! As you can see the bronzer has completely hit pan, but I find the blushes give a gorgeous finish to the cheeks and really enhance the cheek bones, I love using the top left blush with a fluffy brush just to add some colour to my face.

Sleek Blush (Coral): Sleek blushes seem to be raved about a lot and I don't own many individual blushes so thought I'd check out the Sleek ones. The packaging is great as it's not too bulky so perfect for a makeup bag, and the colour is stunning! It's a very orange blusher and so you really do not need a lot of product (as I learnt on my first application!). But it's cheap, great colour pay off and just simply gorgeous! So if you're after some individual blushes, Sleek is definitely worth checking out.



No comments:

Post a Comment